Internal Quench (IQF) Furnaces
During the quenching step in any heat-treating process, any unfavorable phase transformations or other low-temperature processes are prevented through a rapid cooling process. Our Integral Quench Furnace or IQF furnace is designed with a quench tank and heating chamber combined into one furnace, although separated by an inner door.
For many of our customers needing a progressive quenching process that starts with heating then soaking followed by cooling, the IQF furnace combines these processes into a single unit for batch processing. This workhorse of heat treat solutions is offer either as a skid hearth or roller rail/hearth design.
Our IQF is used in the neutral hardening, carburizing, carbonitriding, normalizing, and annealing processes, where a controlled environment is required during the heating and quenching portions of the cycle.
- Heating System: Direct Gas, Indirect Gas or Electric
- Atmosphere: with or without
- Temperature: normal operating temperature range of 1450-1750˚F (790-955˚C) with a maximum of 1850˚F (1010˚C)
- Temperature Uniformity +10˚F
- Skid hearth or roller hearth design
- Floor Cast or brick
- Chain-driven or transfer mechanism
- Heavy duty furnace construction
- Dedicated, automated stationary cart or manual transfer cart or Powered Charge Car flexible for multiple pieces of equipment.
- Automated: Various levels available
- Load capabilities: weight ranges include 1,000, 1,500, 3,500, 5,000, 6,000 lbs and custom sizes.
- Complete range of companion batch temper furnaces, washers, air cool stations and powered charge cars
- Controls: Eurotherm, Honeywell or SSI & Other customer-specified options
An ideal solution for customers needing an alternative to a continuous heat-treating furnace, the IQF can be custom tailored to meet the needs of each manufacturer. Contact us today to learn more!